Teacher Resources - Soil, Water & Wetlands
"Ag"-itivities for Soil Minded Citizens - Activities for elementary, middle and high school level students all about soil.
- Information on Outdoor Water Conservation
- Partners FOR the Saskatchewan River Basin, Water Watchdog - A hands on water monitoring program for youth that increases awareness about water and water management issues. Kits are available for classroom use.
- PCAP Factsheet - Become Water Wise
- PCAP Factsheet - Watershed Program (can be modified to fit your own town/city)
- ProjectWet - Provides teachers with a curriculum and activity guide for K-12 to educate students of the world of water.
- Saskatchewan Eco Network, Eco Education - A Saskatchewan based site where teachers can find resources on topics including water.
- SEEDS Foundation - Provides objective, curriculum fit, energy and environmental education programs including water for elementary and high school students.
- Swift Current Creek Watershed Stewards, Water Bugs - Learn about the different bugs used to indicate the health of a water body such as a lake, wetland, river or stream using simple descriptions and line drawings for identification.
- The Dirt on Soil - Introduces students to the idea of soil as a living entity made up of a diversity of organisms living in a complex three dimensional habitat.
- Soil Science Education - Includes activities, resources, current events and more that are all about soil.
- Watersheds TV, Watershed Resources - Find information on watersheds (wetlands) including video presentations and mutlimedia kits.
- Water Conservation Ideas for Kids - Ideas for children and their families to help conserve water.