Teacher Resources - General
Canadian Museum of Nature - Find almost 100 workshops, lessons plans, activities and games for exploring the natural world with your students.
- Distance Learning, On The Prairie - Discover the plants and animals that compose the prairie ecosystem through an interactive "build-a-prairie" game and a field guide to the prairies.
- Earth Day Canada - A national environmental communications organization mandated to improve the state of the environment by empowering Canadians to achieve local solutions.
- NCLI Video "Get 'em Outside" - This engaging and inspiring No Child Left Inside (NCLI) Coalition video celebrates environmental education and its impacts on children, learning, health and leadership.
- Parks Canada Teacher Resource Centre - A classroom-ready educational resource that will enhance your students' learning experiences about Canada's national historic sites, national parks and national marine conservation areas.
- PCAP Factsheet - Native Gardening - Keeping Kindersley Green (can be modified to fit your own town/city)
- Prairie Learning Centre - Fosters a rich connection to the natural and cultural wonders of our native prairie through innovative learning opportunities for youth such as spring/fall outdoor workshops, curriculum courses, and field days.
- Royal Saskatchewan Museum - Offers fun and educational programs in the areas of Earth Sciences, Life Sciences and First Nations for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Saskatchewan Eco Network, Eco Education - A Saskatchewan based site where teachers can find resources on topics such as agriculture, alternative energy, biodiversity, climate change, indigenous resources, waste reduction and water.
- Saskatchewan Environmental Society, Destination Conservation Saskatchewan - A practical, student-driven, activity-based program that brings environmental education alive in our schools that helps students and staff save energy, conserve water and reduce waste while at the same time saving money! Once the program is complete 20-30% savings in utility bills are typically realized.
- Saskatchewan Education for Sustainable Development - An excellent forum for people to share their ideas on and practices of sustainable development education.